Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My Dad has Prostate Cancer

yep, found out yesterday. It was 95% going to be and it is sure better to know that to imagine the worst. We still don't know heaps as the Urologist is not back now until Jan 12 so he has an appt then and then a CT scan to see if it has spread. That will determine treatment options. Best outcome is contained and surgical removal. At least contained is the best option.

Dad is OK, he told me on the phone and i was surprised how good he was. So I guess cause of that I feel OK too. Mum I'm not so sure about. My/our biggest concern is Dad's mental health.

TTFN

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your dad, hugs.
My dad was diagnosed with this early last year. He was so positive throughout it and was able to get a treatment (radioactive seeds) that was relatively simple and painfree and has just received results of another blood test to say his levels are all normal.
Hoping that your dad recovers as well as mine did :)

Fiona said...

Sorry to hear this mate, I am glad your Dad is seeming quite good with it so far. Fingers crossed for the 12th Jan, no spread.

Catch up real soon, if we keep saying it it might happen,

Mex