I am still alive! Haven't felt like blogging, not like there is nothing to say but just couldn't be bothered. Sooooooooooooo whats the goss at our house.
Girls
- going well. Miss M has made up for the late talking and chats away with most things being understood. She has a very quick temper though, she's very quick to turn the tears on and hit or push Bethany. A little conversation we had on Monday. For some reason, we were talking about speaking nicely to people and Mia told me that Bethany doens't always talk nicely to her.
Me: what does she say
M: STOP HITTING ME (yes said loudly!)
LOL we then had a little chat about hitting! They have been fightng a bit the last few days, just niggling at each other.
Bethany is getting excited about school. It's going to be a long wait for her to start. I think we are pretty much organised, for stuff anyways. Just need to find out our days. She continues to surprise me with her reading - can't take any credit for it! She read Ikea today! Ah yes, i've taught her well.
Me
Speaking of Ikea, I went there yesterday. A friend and I went to Melbourne for a day just to go shopping. I wanted to go Ikea to get some storage stuff for the house. I spend a bit of money *cough* but got all that i wanted. I could have got more, but put some stuff back. I am really happy with what i ended up with although the storage for the play room was smaller than what i thought. So hope I haven't ripped ourselves off with space there. They really are so cheap, obviously some of the stuff is cheap and nasty but mostly its great. Their plastics are great - we got the girls a table and chairs set when B was about 18mths old and it is going strong. The store there is MASSIVE, I walked around it probably 5 times, its like a maze. I was surprised about the staff knowledge there, but I guess they work in their own little section frequently so get to know the stuff, rather than the whole store. But the service in the self serve furniture section wasn't that great, they were happy to let me struggle with 2 trolleys. Had i not really wanted the stuff I would have walked out. At first my head was spinning and i had to go and sit in the restaurant and really sort out what i wanted. If we lived on the mainland, I think our house would be full of Ikea furniture, most of it is very modern and just what we like. There is also other shops underneath, so i got some of Jamie's Christmas presents plus found bathrrom stuff for the girls bathroom. Nice acrylic ones that will be very difficult to break but looks nice.
Jamie and The Sound Company
shouldn't write them together should I, but really there is not one without the other. Its hard to separate them, its not just a job but a life. The biggest issue at the moment is a new PA. We sold some to buy more, but then i thought that we had decided not to do anything this year, and subhire for the festivals. But no... he's decided on a system that is probably the best in the country (I say probably because it is, but we haven't heard it so its still only by reputation) and so with premium product comes premium price. We have had to cut it back because the repayments were massive. If the company we are buying from does what they say, then I think its a good option. It's just a massive risk.
That should be it for now... there's more to comment on but had enough typing!
TTFN
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well Hello there, very long time no see or talk. Thanks for your idea's/feedback on my work situation. I have changed my work hours to 9:30-2:00pm tues,wed,thurs. I will see how this goes. I think it will be much more friendly to our family, we will avoid that rush at tea time.
Hows work going for you ? Have you been working much ? I bet Bethany is getting excited about school next year !!!
Post a Comment