Thursday, October 16, 2008

I think I'm nesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But not due to being pregnant! For some reason, the spring cleaning bug has hit in full force and i'm decluttering and re-organizing. There is still a ways to go but I've done a lot, but not really finished any one room yet

Kitchen
- redone pantry
- swapped platters and dishes with medicine cupboard
- sorted all medicine cupboard out, all in boxes and clearly labelled (I found about 30 boxes of matches!!! which is quite funny as we don't have a fire lol)
- cleaned off and around microwave
- partly sorted utensil drawers, hmm not sure if these will ever be OK!
- moved tea towels to bottom drawer from linen cupboard (they are more often used for dolly blankets than in the kitchen!)
- moved good crockery to cupboard, little containers etc to drawer and now have cups and drinking stuff in a drawer. One free drawer for camera etc
- considering moving appliances to bottom of pantry so I can get to them easier, but not sure what would then go in the corner cupboard. I wonder if tupperware would be better in that cupboard... hmm thought to that one!
- oh the cupboard next to the fridge is half done, need to tackle this one

Linen Cupboard
- sorted and tossed recipe books, moved them to new shelf
- moved gift wrap etc to under our bed
- girls now have a tub of linen under their beds
- moved all swimming gear in to new tub
- sorted paints and craft stuff, tossed a lot and moved it around so more accessible
- moved all spare towels, napkins, table runners etc in to big tub
- put all cleaning cloths etc in to one tub
- moved all board games to top shelf
- face washers will soon make their way to the bathroom
- need to put our linen in our room

Our room
- added a couple of plastic tubs for shoes, handbags etc
- a new basket on my bedside drawers for my crap, but its too big need a smaller one
- not much else in here will tackle that later

B's room
- rearranged cupboard, new boxes etc for clothes, looks much better and should work
- toy box gone, now has 2 tubs under her bed for generic toys
- her drawing matter is a problem, she really needs a new desk with storage, dependant on house extensions
- new hook on back of door needs at least one more

M's room'
- sorted presents at top of her cupboard
- have sorted her cupboard partly
- new bins for the change table for her knickers and stuff
- toy boxes under the cot
- very much a work in progress this room, she needs a bed at some point and that will probably change everything

Lounge
- all dvd's out of cases and in to folder

Playroom
- sorted and big clean out
- would like more storage out there for shoes and stuff, if I can con a trip to Melbourne Ikea will get hit!

So after all that downstairs is a bit of a mess as lots of stuff has been put down there. I've got a boot load of toys for the school fair that I will drop off tomorrow. Baby clothes I am undecided about... will they be needed again????

TTFN

2 comments:

Fiona said...

Oh my you have been busy ! Oh and whats this about the baby cothes ????Funnily enough I know what you mean, think it will have to be someone elses choice not ours.

shellymc said...

hey you, quite funny about the nesting. Maybe that's your body saying you want another baby? Especially with all the talk of baby clothes. Can't believe you got all that done. Amazing. Funny about the tea towels, they get used as dolly blankets at my house too. Even though Regan has blankets for the dolls. Maybe we should start a company making baby blankets from tea towels??? Talk to you soon.
shelly