Sunday, October 08, 2006

Positive Steps

I should have been back to update before this...

S is making great steps to recovery. It's awesome. The medical staff are amazed.

Thursday - he was tf back to LGH which has turned out good. I was a little worried cause I knew K would struggle at home. But the kids have been OK and there are ppl around. And it has allowed a good plan of care for S rather than the indecision before - due to not knowing how long he would have been at NWRH-MD. So in all good. He was quite wakeful Thursday night which was distressing for Kate.

Friday - surgery planned for 1030 but he didn't go til 1 or so. They were able to do more than planned and changed the external fixator to an Ilizarov frame. Docs were very happy with his progress. The plan had been to wake him friday arvo but due to late surgery this didn't happen.

Sat - plan to wake didn't happen as more surgery planned for sunday. Some fleeting signs of infection came and went.

Sun - thats today! So I hope he is in theatre or out and not still waiting.

I am worried about Kate and how it will be for her when he is waking. And then of course about how he will be when he wakes. In time I know they will be OK.

And us - Jamie has been away again for a few days. Girls are good, no dramas. I will need to take B to see EC at some point, she will be glad to see her but... will be interesting I guess.

OK need to go, stuff to do
TTFN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Glad that he is making some positive steps towards recovery. Hope that the next couple of days is okay for your friends and you guys.

take care
chat soon
Dee

Kaysie said...

GOod to hear he is back closer to home. Makes it much easier for everyone....

Thinking of you and them

Kaysie