Well its been a while so whats been happening...
The Good Stuff
We managed to get away to Bridport for 3 nights. It was great. Bethany had a lovely time swimming and playing. A million times every day she asked "is this our house?" We were able to go out for tea the first time in ages, Mia coped well being awake later. She also had her first swim which went down a treat. I have a unit booked for Christmas time while Jamie is away, Mum and Aran will come with us. It will be great buy busy I guess. Its an awesome spot other than a little too far from the beach. But with the pool it is great.
We went to Mum's for tea last night. B, C and T were down from QLD for a holiday so it was good to catch up with them although briefly.
The In the Middle Stuff
Jamie initially decided not to tender for carols. I was pretty surprised. But then he changed his mind - which didn't surprise me but i was disappointed. I so hope he doesn't get it. Makes it such a hard time of year.
The Very Very Bad Stuff
Just as I got home from Mum's JR rang to say that SC had been in a very bad car accident in the afternoon down the coast and was in the NWRH-MD critically injured. So that has been massive. I spoke to KC last night and this morning she asked me to go down there to be with her. So B went to Mum's and Mia came with me. It is amazing he is alive after seeing a pic of the car. I was able to spend a couple of hours with K and also got to see S. He is so badly injured - they have a very long road ahead of them. He has had his R arm amputated below the shoulder, R leg is badly broken in many places, both lungs punctured, liver lacerated... so bad. He is sedated and ventilated. They need to operate more on his leg and K said that his arm is not sewn up properly yet due to all the debris.
I feel really priviledged and honoured to be able to be part of the journey with her today. I hope my being there helped. She is scared, devastated and so much more. Their life has changed so dramatically in an instant. But yet it could have been so much worse, he may not have been here now. I am proud of her how she is coping - I didn't really expect any different though. I am thankful that she wanted me to see him. That is going to be hard for everyone, not just them. Being that he is known all over the state, this is going to have a big impact. WOW. A pic of the car
So I am pretty stuff tonight. The house is a mess but it just doesn't matter.
Need some tea
TTFN
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh Narelle, what a terrible shock. sending my best wishes for a speedy recovery to your friend and his family - I think he is very very lucky to still be here after seeing that photo. It is sobering to be reminded how fast your life can change :(
Narelle,
You know I have been thinking of you and your freinds since it happened.
THey are so lucky to have you there to help them through this time, You are a wonderful freind.
Keep me updated..
Love
Kaysie
:( Hope that today has seen some improvement.
Take care just do what you are doing... being there!
take care
Dee
Post a Comment