Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Once again

long time no post.

So there's no point going over the last 2 weeks to update cause I wouldn't know where to start!

Yesterday was Christmas Day and I have to say it was really really nice. Tiring but good. Bethany was so excited about everything and I have to say that I was so pleased with her behaviour. She said thank you for all her presents which a heap of prompting and often without any prompting at all. She was really excited about Santa coming. On Christmas Eve she had Santa all organised and where he was going to leave the presents LOL. She thought he might bring playdough and it would be left on the front step (up stairs). The first thing she said when she woke up - "Mummy has Santa been?" tried to put her off for a while but she thought he was yet to come so we went and had a look - much to her delight there were presents! The chocolate spider, carrot and lettuce were eaten and a note left! And while looking out the door she spotted the swing set. She ran down to get Jamie up to "come look, come look". She said "did it come up out of the ground?" LOL so sweet. So we openned the Santa presents (B - LP Castle and Bear Hunt pop up book. M - Tether ball and book) in bed which went down well and then came out to the loungeroom to our presents. There were 2 stacks and she soon figured out the which one was hers and realised the biggest one was probably a big. She started ripping into and and soon "its a bike, its a bike, it's a bike" over and over again! She was sooooooooo excited. Didn't take long for every present to be openned and the floor was not to be seen! It was really lovely. She enjoyed giving presents nearly as much as she did in receiving them. From Jamie's Mum and Byron she got clothes and from my parents she got Hungry Hippo game and a personalised clock and from Aran a water pistol :0 From us - bike, Swingball set, FP laptop and bits and pieces, PJ's, shorts, sunnies, playdough etc. From Mia - Doodle Doug. Mia got - from Jamie's Mum a Peek-a-blocks wagon and bib, my parents a shaky ball thing and a gloworm. From us - piano thing, leapfrog book, and a box of goodies - clothes, sunnies, books, rain maker, from B - a fold out sofa. So they did well.

Jamie got me a scanner - so I have scanned half our wedding photos in. Got some $$ from MIL (shared) and beach towel, voucher and a book from Mum and Dad. $$ and voucher will go to our BBQ.

Bethany got me a special pressie - she chose herself a pink spatula and icecream scoop, wooden spoon and pink silicon knife! Lovely cause they were picked out by her just for me.

Jamie goes away today - :( trying to check the tears in check - I know he doesn't want to go and so don't want to add more pressure to him by seeing how upset I am about it. I think cause I am utterly exhausted too doesn't help me. I need to just catch some more sleep - easier said than done. Was up twice Christmas Eve to Mia and once to B. Thankfully last night was only once. So hope Mia gets back into sleeping all night - but thats not likely to happen while she is stuffing around with the bf'ing which has been going on for a week now.

Anyhoo better go - need to upload some pics of all the stuff i made for presents - they went down well too.

TTFN

1 comment:

Angela said...

It seems you all did very well on Christmas Day. I hope the New Year is very kind to you.