Thursday, December 06, 2007

Personal Challenges

I've been feeling challenged in a lot of areas of late. One significant one being the state of my house. It's been building for a while (the feeling not the house lol) and its getting to the point of can't ignore any longer.

I grew up in a house where there was very little order, a lot of clutter etc. Funny cause my Grandma was a lady of order, washing on Mondays, ironing on Tuesdays etc. Mum was never like that. Still isn't. So I grew up with a very unstructured view to looking after the house. In actual fact, I probably didn't have a view on housekeeping lol. The first house we lived in was Jamie's Mums and it was quite small, easy to keep clean but I've never been one for the spring cleaning etc. our house now is overflowing with STUFF, too much STUFF plus people but not too many of them :p And our house isnt that big lol. About to be bigger thankfully and storage will be so much better.

Anyhootle, I learnt to put away after myself in the kitchen but its an ongoing battle. I guess with the girls, I get distracted and stuff gets half done or I'm too tired and don't tidy up properly. Plus Jamie is a hoarder and very untidy - there is LITTLE hope for our girls lol. So I've been feeling challenged on how to get things under control.

Mia is a funny girl. It's just her and I home today, B is at daycare. For the last 30min or so she's been pushing Eddie around in the pram with a handbag, now she has my next years diary too! She certainly knows what she wants. After her sleep, she plonked herself on her fold out couch and pointed at the TV, wanting Hi Five. And when it ended, cried cause I wouldn't put it on again :p

Better go and finish unpacking the half unpacked dishwasher hehe.

TTFN

2 comments:

~Cat~ said...

Oh Jeez Narelle, there is nothing worng with your house!!

LOL at Mia..WIlliam dos the same thing with the TV too..he cries as soon as credits start rolling

Narelle said...

Ahh yes but Cat its different when there are visitors coming :p